Sean Morris at the Class War Store, in front of SFMOMA. Part of Cries of SF, by Allison Smith at Southern Exposure.
Class War Store tries to answer the question, "What do we need to survive and fight back against the Class War?" Taking on the identities of street peddlers, we sold zines, Great Recession Survival Kits, apples, and other products.
Francois Hughes, Sean Morris, and Celeste Christie performing as part of Class War Store in front of SFMOMA.
Sean Morris talks to strikers at CVS Pharmacy on Market Street, San Francisco.
Sean Morris, Francois Hughes, and Celeste Christie push the cart down Market Street in San Francisco
Sean Morris and Francois Hughes on Market Street in San Francisco.
The cart at Mint Plaza
View of products on the cart, including patches, Make Your Own Megaphone Kits, socialist newspapers, and Great Recession Survival Kits.
View of cart, with Great Recession Survival Kits.
View of cart, with Ma Jones' Wheatpaste Mix and political buttons.
View of the cart, with zines and catalogs, including Readymade Tirade and How to Protest Intelligently.
View of cart, with apples and used radical books.
View of the cart, with "Hulk Smash Capitalism" fist and Southern Exposure's badge.
Portrait taken by Southern Exposure for Allison Smith.
(from l to r): Celeste Christie, Steve Damewood, Francois Hughes, and Sean Morris.
Catalog for the store, given out for free.
"Höbö instructions for the Great Recession Survival Kit.
Make Your Own Megaphone, kit sold from the cart.
Text of the cries we chanted during the performance of Class War Store:
1. Class War Store...Must haves for the have-nots!
2. Class War Store...Your collective bargaining market!
3. Class War Store...Buy your piece of the American anxiety dream!
4. Soap box store for the working poor!
5. Class War Store...Wares for the American nightmare!
6. Class War Store...Survive the Depression, supply your protestors!
7. ClassWarStore...Fight the oppression, supply your protestors!
8. Make your own megaphone...MAKE YOUR OWN MEGAPHONE!
9. Class War Store...overstock for the under privileged!
10. Hey hey! Ho ho! This wheatpaste mix has got to go!
Hey hey! Ho ho! These megaphones have got to go!
Hey hey! Ho ho! These picket signs have got to go!
Hey hey! Ho ho! These CEOs have got to go!
11. (Sung to the tune of Pie in the Sky)
Buy and buy, our supplies,
Pie in the sky is overpriced!
Don't be shy, sit and lie,
You'll please Naomi Klein when you buy!